At Smooth Ambler, after we began merchant bottling the whiskey we call Old Scout, it occurred to us that at some point it may be fun and interesting to blend a little of the delicious bourbon we source with the smooth and sweet wheated bourbon we distill here in West Virginia. With that notion in mind, Contradiction was born; a blend of whiskey we make with whiskey we do not. Contradiction is non-chill filtered and is full-bodied, with notes of dried fruit and butter rum, and has the end-result of tasting like a four-grain bourbon.
- Mashbill: Merchant bottled bourbon made with corn, rye and malted barley married with homemade bourbon made with corn, wheat and malted barley.
- Distillation Process: Continuous column distillation and pot distillation.
- Aging: A blend of different straight whiskeys, there are different ages represented in Contradiction. The majority whiskey is more than 9 years in age.
- Source of grains: Grains from a variety of sources.
- Annual Production: Around 50,000 bottles.
- Tasting Notes: Full of oak, dried cherries, vanilla, and cinnamon creating a signature mature bourbon nose. Sweet from the wheat and spice from the rye and a bit of leather round out the palate. Its viscosity creates a smooth and pleasant finish.
No reviews found